Your hosts Jesse Foresto and Gabe Isbell are excited to announce the details for the 2017 Redemption National Tournament! Our goal is to have everything you need in the details below. If you have questions that are unanswered, please post them in the comments below so we can address them. It’s likely that someone else will have the same question.
Grace Community Church
2707 Dubuque ST NE
North Liberty, IA 52317
319-626-2040 (main office – ask for Jesse or Gabe)
Summary: Located about 4 miles from I-80 or I-380, the Grace Community Church building has a full size gym, a large kitchen, small shower facilities, and plenty of space to spread out and enjoy yourself for the weekend.
Homewood Suites by Hilton at the Iowa River Landing
921 E 2nd Avenue
Coralville, Iowa, 52241
Reservations can be made by calling the phone number above or on the website linked above. Use group code GRT to receive the discounted rate for our block of rooms.
Summary: Located on I-80 in Coralville, Iowa, Homewood Suites is an easy 10 minute drive from the church. Studio Suites (1 King bed) are available for $119 per night. One Bedroom Suites (2 Queen beds) are available for $129 per night. Our block of rooms are available on a first come, first served basis until July 1st.
Homewood Suites offers:
- Spacious suites with fully equipped kitchens
- Complimentary Suite Start® hot breakfast daily and Welcome Home® reception featuring dinner and drinks Monday-Thursday evenings
- Complimentary high-speed Internet access
- Heated indoor pool and hot tub
- 24-hour fitness center
- Hilton Honors Points & Miles®
- Complimentary parking
The Iowa River Landing area offers many restaurants, a coffee shop and one of my favorite places to spend time, the Iowa River Landing Wetlands Park with a beautiful walking/jogging path.
There are many other hotels in the area that you’re welcome to explore. Grace Community Church is generously allowing people to spend the night at the church. There’s plenty of floor space if you bring a sleeping bag and a pillow. If you plan to stay at the church, please make sure you indicate that by pre-registering with us!
Lunch will be provided at the church on the days of the events for $5 per meal. More specific information will be available on site, however the general meal plan looks to be:
- Thursday – Stir Fry
- Friday – Ravioli
- Saturday – Burrito/Taco bar
Snacks and beverages will be available to purchase on site also. A list and rough map of nearby places to eat will be available at the church as well.
- The Eastern Iowa Airport is our closest hub. It’s located 20 minutes from the church. *Rides are available without limit for people flying into this location.
- The Quad Cities Airport is located about an hour away from the church. *Rides are available on a limited basis from this location.
- The Des Moines Airport is located a couple hours from the church, however we do have players coming from the area. If coordinated well in advance a ride can be arranged.
- The closest Amtrack station is in Mount Pleasant, Iowa, about an hour away from the church. *Rides are available on a limited basis from this location.
- The closest Greyhound bus depot is about 20 minutes from the church. *Rides are available without limit for people arriving at this location.
Open Deck categories (Type-1, Type-2, Teams, Type-A): $10 each
Closed Deck* categories (Sealed, Booster): $20 each
You pay full price for 1 category and half price for your other 2 categories that are equal or lower priced. (ex/ Sealed Deck is $20 so then Type-1 2-Player is half price at $5 for a total of $25 for both events) *You keep all cards in the Closed Deck categories.
Please note: We are not set up to take credit cards. Registration will be cash only.
The schedule is as follows (includes a small break between all rounds):
Thursday, August 3rd – Doors and check-in open at 8 A.M. Play begins at 9 A.M.
- Booster Draft
- Type 2 – 2-Player
We will hold the awards ceremony around 6 P.M.
Friday, August 4th – Doors and check-in open at 8 A.M. Play begins at 9 A.M.
- Type 1 – 2-Player (7 rounds of Swiss, Top 4 Top Cut with best of 2 out of 3 games)
- Type 2 – Multiplayer
- Type A – 2-Player
We will hold the awards ceremony around 6 P.M. for all but Type 1 – 2-Player which will be held at the conclusion of the top cut games.
Saturday, August 5th – Doors and check-in open at 8 A.M. Play begins at 9 A.M.
- Sealed Deck
- Type 1 – Multiplayer
We will hold the awards ceremony around 5 P.M.
Rounds played per category will be determined by the number of players registered in each category.
Special Happenings at Nationals 2017
Side events are still being planned. One event that we’re certain will take place is a Type-Half! Type-Half rules can be found in this announcement. Iron-Man is back again this year too!
Special edition Revelation of John card boxes will be sold by Cactus Game Design. These are only available at the National tournament!
The Tabernacle National promo is being given to participants at the completion of each official category!
Special winner promos and ultra RoJ ultra rare prizes (for 1st place) are being given out again this year!
The winner of 4 categories will get to create their own Redemption card to be printed in 2018!
Please take a couple minutes to pre-register for the 2017 Redemption National tournament.
Other Things to Do in the Area
If you plan to spend time in the greater Iowa City area or in eastern Iowa these are some things that we highly recommend you check out! All these recommendations are family friendly!
Friday Night Concert Series – Iowa City Pedestrian Mall (free)
Coral Ridge Mall – shopping, movie theatre, ice skating and play area
- North Liberty Pool ($5/person)
- “The Campsite”, a free indoor play area
- Small Playground
For Families with Children:
Penn Meadows Park Playground & Splash Pad (free)
North Ridge Park Playground (free)
City Park Playground (free) & Amusement Rides
Attractions in the Greater Eastern Iowa Area: